Who is this guy?
Let's face it: I've done a lot. From project/product management and digital strategy through development, launch and long-term maintenance, websites and I are old friends. I've managed client expectations and goals, translated those goals in world-class products, written budgets, drafted schedules and hired and managed off-site contractors.
I'm also a big believer that breakfast isn't just for breakfast. But really, who doesn't agree?
Generally, what's he done?
- Created workflows for interactive projects from client discovery through development and into long-term maintenance. This led to increased efficiency so we could focus on understanding and translating clients’ goals into a finished product.
- Volunteered to take the reins on an over-budget, behind schedule and highly customized Magento project and led it to launch ahead of the required timeframe.
- Saved $200,000 a year by bringing Mac IT in-house.
- Directed and produced a short film.
Can we get more specific?
Manager, Interactive Development Meyers + Partners - since Jan. 2014
Currently head of the Interactive Department, where I wear the hats of a Product Manager, Digital Strategist, Information Architect, UX Designer and sometimes get my hands dirty as a developer. I lead a team of developers on projects covering Drupal, WordPress, Magento, HTML email and custom web apps.
- Created workflows for interactive projects from client discovery through development and into long-term maintenance. These workflows help the process get out of the way so we can create amazing work.
- Lead web initiatives for a $4 billion global company, including the creation of touch-screen apps for an international tradeshow attended by 140,000 people.
- Launched a digital marketing campaign for one client that increased sales by 100%.
- Took the reins on an over-budget, behind schedule and highly customized Magento project and led it to delivery within the required launch date.
- Managed a team of freelance developers to successfully deliver four sites for one client concurrently and in a crunched timeline.
- Moved the entire company off aging infrastructure. Implemented Google Apps and a VPN to facilitate more streamlined workflows. Created processes to empower users to solve their own problems quickly and more efficiently than calling out for IT support.
Web Consultant - since 2004
I carry clients through the entire project lifecycle from budgeting and scheduling to site launch and maintenance.
- Experience in developer and designer roles, skills and best practices.
- Address clients' online marketing needs through the use of SEO and standards compliance.
- Coordinate with clients and outside contractors on budgets, schedules and priorities.
Front-End Developer Gorilla - Nov. 2010 to May 2011
I got a crash course in Magento development and the entire project lifecycle.
- Reduced Magento's front-end to reusable chunks of code for the team to more easily manage.
- Co-authored jQuery plugin.
Front-End Dev Imagination Publishing - Sep. 2007 to Oct. 2010
Like most first jobs, I got my feet wet on all sorts of design and development practices. I worked with (what seems like) every CMS under the sun, led the initiative to bring Mac IT support in-house and guided other team members SEO and web standards.
- Learned Drupal & PHP/MySQL on-the-fly to keep a major project on schedule and under budget.
- Co-created standards-compliant, uniform HTML and CSS frameworks to be implemented across all sites, saving countless hours otherwise spent rewriting code.
- Implemented company-wide replacement of aging and failing computers on an extremely tight budget, including a new file server and upgraded font server, saving over $100,000 in the first 9 months.
- Worked with clients, writers, designers and developers to advise proper SEO and web standards practices.
- Led a development team from a variety of technical backgrounds, providing support and guidance in UI and W3C standards.
Can he handle my project?
The answer's "yes", but what skills has he picked up?
- On-page SEO
- Google Analytics
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Improv Comedy
- Film Directing
- Making breakfast sandwiches
Where have I learned things?
I'm currently taking the General Assembly Product Management course. Due to graduate November 2017.
I learned Improv and Sketch writing at Second City and got a BFA in Design at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I also play guitar and bass and am working on my Spanish. Necesito practicar más.
- "All" may not be entirely accurate. But I've certainly done a lot.